2. Childless, single heterosexual women who are living alone and between the ages of 35-50, are also eligible to adopt
3. Length of marriage must be at least 10 years unless couple is infertile
4. Applicants who are between the ages 45 - 50 must be willing to accept a toddler
5. One previous divorce is accepted.
6. Second marriages must be at least 10 years in length
7. No more than 15 years age difference between husband and wife
8. Preference is given to Christian and Jewish families; LDS families are not eligible for this program
9. Families may have no more than 2 adopted children under the age of 18 living in their home and no biological children
10. U.S. citizens in all 50 states are eligible to adopt from this program.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
So i saw this on someone's blog today and it shocked me a little. The situation in Haiti is horrible, all those children without families i would love to be able to help out and adopt one of those children and give them a loving happy home. But apparently we wouldn't make the cut in lots of ways!
These are the requirements for adopting a Haitian child.
1. Childless, heterosexual married couples between the ages of 35-50 are eligible to adopt
So you can't have ANY children. And since when does a whole religion get Cut out?? It's kinda sad really. my question is WHY???
Posted by Jennie Holt at 7:26 AM